October 6, 2009

Dom "Woogie" Woganowski Now Second-Best Athlete at TSAM Reunion Party

Evidently the terrible actor who played Mary’s old boyfriend Brett in There’s Something About Mary went on to become a professional football player. True story.

Even more impressive: last night that very same actor-turned-athlete, Brett Favre, became the first quarterback in history to defeat all 32 NFL teams by serving a lukewarm dish of revenge to Packers’ GM Ted Thompson.
This was a highly anticipated and heavily hyped game. Everybody in the stadium stood all the way through the Vikings’ first possession, instead of sitting after the first few snaps like usual. Cameras flashed constantly.

...

Favre was clearly uncomfortable this week with all the attention on this reunion, trying to downplay the significance and stumbling through denials that his main motivation to unretire last year was revenge on general manager Ted Thompson for not letting him come back and compete for his old job with [Packers QB Aaron] Rodgers.

”My statement has been what I’ve done over my career,” Favre said. “One game does not define my career good or bad. I know what I’ve done. I’m proud of what I’ve done. I know I can play. I wanted to do what it takes to win.”
And win you did, Brett. Just please don’t go back into acting.

Fun trivia for observationally-masochistic fans like me: the last team on the list Favre had to beat besides his own former Packers? You guessed it; the Kansas City Chiefs.

2 comments:

  1. For those of you who watched the game on ESPN -was it just me, or did anyone else half-expect the announcers to rush the field at any given moment and start blowing number 4 on Cable TV? That guy is like the NFL version of Jesus or something....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy is like the NFL version of Jesus or something....

    Jesus? I'd step on Jesus's face just to see Favre's junk.

    ReplyDelete